POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : CSG error. Help? : Re: CSG error. Help? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG error. Help?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 28 Apr 2000 20:08:23
Message: <390A282C.362D2FDF@hotmail.com>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Alf Peake wrote:
> > Any ideas where the problem is please?
> >

> I have no idea of what causes this error, but I
> have included a file below that produces similar
> errors in my POV-Ray v3.1g for Windows 98.
>
> The spheres are "shining" through the cylinder
> when there are many of them in a "sweep" behind it.

I just discovered that the problem seems to
disappear (in both mine and your scene) if one uses

merge {

instead of

union {

in the difference statement, then the problem
disappears.

And I if you are planning on making this into a
object of glass, then merge is what you'll need
to use anyway.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom